Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Punky Power!

So I have decided to start my blog up again! I decided to just totally restart with a fresh new blog! The creation of the actual blog itself was rather simple until I reached the “title” box. I hadn’t up to this point thought about what to name my blog. My name, Rachael, seemed too simple and trying to narrow down the complexities of who I am and what I want to write about to a few words was hard. I thought and thought about the person I am and the person I want to be and struggled to come up with a title that embraced it all. I have changed over the years and I am still changing and becoming a refined version of myself everyday. So how can I have a concrete name for my blog when the person writing it is never constant. Perhaps I thought too much into this title business, but I didn’t want to be misleading. Then it occurred to me, “Punky Power!” embraces everything I was, everything I am and everything I want to be in the future. For those who do not know the term “Punky Power!” it is a quote from the television character Punky Brewster. My idol! She was an outgoing kid who always innocently found trouble, always saw the good in people, loved people in her life too easily and never thought there was nothing she couldn’t do. Now I am not saying I am exactly like Punky, I have avoided trouble and not always seen the best in people. I am a flawed person and guilty of much more too. But the quality I have embraced is the idea that there is nothing I can’t do if I want it bad enough. I honest to God believe that. And that concept right there has had a huge impact on my life. While what I want to do in and with my life is constantly changing I attack it all with “Punky Power!” So that is the reason for the title. It is a quote I embrace and think everyone could benefit from a little “Punky Power!”

Now that we have the title business out of the way let me tell you a little about myself. I am a nanny and work for a wonderful family that has 2 children. I go to law school full time and have recently decided that one of the 2 areas of law I want to practice is family law. The other area I am not sure yet, I just know I want to have a large market so 2 areas of law makes sense. I am a VERY proud Catholic and try to be as involved as I can in my Church. I believe many people, Catholics included, are mislead about the Catholic faith and doctrine and I am on a personal mission to correct their mislead knowledge. I am a newlywed, married just this past October. This also makes me a wife and that in of itself is a large job that there is no manual for and is constantly challenging me. I like to read, a few months ago I was into vampire books, today I like funny mysteries. I am a prime time TV junkie. I watch Chuck, Heroes, House, Castle, The Office, Community, Mercy, One Tree Hill, Desperate Housewives, and any realty show on MTV to name a few. I think the invention of the DVR is genius and don’t think I could go back to life without it. I have a very close family and we all live within a mile of each other. My house is right across the street from my sisters work, which is right next door to my brothers work and my sisters new house is right around the block from my house. My mom and dad live within walking distance. I have a husband who would do anything for me and actually has. Everything I have wanted he has given me, no questions asked (including moving to Saint Clair which was 70 miles from his job at the time). I have a puppy named Lexi who most the time thinks she is a newborn baby. She can’t stand to be left alone, she loves to please me and Jason, and we can’t be in the same room without he wedged between us.

I am sure there is more too me but you will have to come back and read more to find it out. I hope to use this blog as an outlet to express my thoughts and my life experiences with anyone who cares enough to read it. Now I must push through the rest of my day with “Punky Power!”
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment