That being said, it appears as if my blog has been misunderstood and some people have been offended at things I have written. So I want to first say I am sorry that what I said has offended you, even though I don't specifically know who "you" are. I have removed the blog from my site out of respect and because I told some one I would. I can respect the fact that you want to remain anonymous, but I would love to personally talk you and try and understand what it was specifically that you were offended over. So please do not feel uncomfortable coming and talking to me about it.
Now time to blog.
I am sincerely struggling with writing in my blog tonight. I have a blog because I like to vent, I like to write, I like to hear other people's input and because I think it is cool that I can put my thoughts out there to a large audience. But today I was asked to take down one of my previous blogs because of some peoples misinterpretations. It bothers me ALOT.
I do not think it is any secret that I am a "tell you how it is" kind of person. If you ask me how my day is, I am going to tell you how it is. I think it might be my best and worst quality. Apparently, some people do not like to hear "how it is" from me.
I also feel as if the situation I am in is making me sensor my speech in a way that I think is a violation my freedom of speech right. I don't write about controversial issues that are borderline illegal. I don't defame anyone in my writings. I write about my life and what I am dealing with through MY perspective. That is the point of a blog. And yet, here I am analyzing every line I write and it irks me.
So here it is. I can't help who I am. This is me, and the truth is I like me. I like the fact that I can be blunt and that I can tell you how it is and that I am not scared to be 100% honest about how I feel about something. I am not going change these things about me.
I will attempt to be more cautious about what I write and proof read what I write, not because I don't want to offend people, but because lots is lost in context. I don't want people to misunderstand what I am writing or to draw conclusions from my writings that I wasn't intending to draw. I will make that effort.
But I am not going to sensor what I write. And please do not get the wrong impression. I know that you are probably not intending to violate any of my rights or to make me feel this way, I am just putting a disclaimer out there that this is me. Take me or leave me, but this is who I am and I am proud of who I am.
Again, sorry if you were personally offended by what I wrote. I love all my readers and I appreciate you reading and offending you is never my intention. So if I offend you, let's talk about it. Call me, find me, let's discuss it.
Never apologize for being you and stating how you feel. If they don't like it they can choose the freedom not to read it just as you have the right and freedom to write whatever you want. Stay true to yourself.
ReplyDelete