Well I should be studying but have done everything in my power to avoid that. So in the spirit of avoiding studying I am going to update my blog.
Well since I have been on bedrest, today is my last day, I have slept a lot. It was a wonderful feeling to not have to wake up in the morning. I am very surprised still at how tired I am. People keep telling me I will intently get the boost of energy, that this happens at the beginning and the end, but the middle you seem to regain some of your energy. I don't think this is true. What I am finding is that I am getting used to being tired. I do have more slightly more energy but that is because I am going to bed earlier and waking up later and just taking overall better care of myself. I still do not have enough hours in the day to be on top of things. I am still behind in studying for Secured Transactions. I am turning in a brief this week that I probably spent 30 hours on and still not confident it is "A" work but will settle for a "B" or "C" at this point. I am learning that if I am going to maintain my schedule for the next 6 weeks (until my semester is done) then I am going to have settle for less. I can only do so much and all of that comes second to my baby.
I did discover a few things this week while on bedrest.
1. I discovered my walls were disgusting. Nothing like being forced to sit on your couch, with your feet up and being forced in the 4 walls of a room only to notice how disgusting they were. On Thursday I could no longer take it and I cleaned them.
2. Dr Quinn Medicine Woman is on like 4 times a day! Wonderful news.
3. I am starting to "show!" This is not good and it will not be accompanied by pictures just yet. I plan on staying in this denial phase until atleast week 15 or 16. You can hardly see it, but I noticed it.... and then as Jason was hugging me he noticed it...
4. Totinos Pizzas! It all started with a commercial, then a text to my husband to pick me some up... Now my freezer is stocked with them... so good!
5. I need a new couch. Being stuck on this thing for a good portion of the day has made me realize that the side my husband sits on has broken springs... this couch is only 3 years old...
So really that is all I have right now. I have another doctors appointment on 2/25 where I should know more. Hopefully the doctor will not see it fit to put me on bedrest again. Although, I will add I think I needed it. I had a whole week off and I slept a ton and I am still tired. I have never ever in my life thought that I could not do something. I have always had too much on my plate and managed to get it all done. Now I have cut back my responsibilities to 1/2 and I still wonder if I can get it all done and survive this pregnancy.... I am glad I am making a record of this. Everyone keeps telling me that when this child is born I will forget about how miserable the pregnancy was, how awful the labor was all because it will be such a joy to be a parent.... we will see...I know that is harsh, but lets be honest, I am trading in my days of sleeping in, weekend getaways, shopping sprees to become a mom....this better be one sweet gig!
No comments:
Post a Comment