Thursday, December 27, 2012

Crock Pot Shepherds Pie from leftovers



Click on the photo to start tagging.Done Tagging
Drag the corners of the transparent box above to crop this photo into your profile picture. Done Cropping | Cancel
Saving your new profile picture

This recipe was inspired by holiday leftovers. We had lots of left over turkey, mixed veggies, gravy and mashed potatoes.


Ingredients

- leftover mashed potatoes
- leftover turkey
- leftover gravy 
- leftover veggies 
- frozen bag or can of mixed veggies
- one can of chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- one can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup (I use mushroom bc I use a homemade stock that has a very strong flavor and the mushroom soup dulls it.) 
- 1teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper 
- 2 bay leafs.

Directions

Throw everything EXCEPT MASHED POTATOES in crock pot and cook on low  for 4-5 hours (or high 2 hrs). Then add 1/2 cup of flour and mix it in (I use a whisk so it doesn't get lumpy), cook 1 more hour. 

Serve over left over mashed potatoes


No comments:

Post a Comment