So since I have a very lax schedule for the next few weeks and no internship, this means I have time to BLOG! Awesome!
As of yesterday I am officially 21 weeks... and growing. I walked into my moms kitchen today and she says, "wow you got big!" Thanks mom.... It's cool, from most people I get "I didn't even know you were pregnant." So I am either huge or small.
Something else I have been getting a lot is, "I can't wait to you have this baby, so you see how hard this is." It actually makes me laugh to myself. First, to actually wish that on someone seems a bit cruel, second I just think it is funny that my lax attitude about this baby gets to people. I know I act like I am not worried about Jason Jr. entering the world, and that I don't seem as overwhelmed or nervous as most expecting moms. That is because I am not worried and not overwhelmed or nervous. People mistaken my laid back attitude as me being unprepared. The truth is, I think I am very prepared, I know raising this child will probably be the hardest and most challenging thing I have ever done and ever will do. But that doesn't scare me or make me nervous. I don't mind working hard or being challenged, a matter of fact, I prefer it. I also think I have a few things going in my favor. First, I will be going from a full time law student with a full time job to just staying home and raising this baby for 6 months and studying for the bar at home. Second, I usually require very little sleep and it usually doesn't matter when I get it. I assume after this pregnancy is over I will go back to my sleeping routine. This baby can't be awake 24 hours a day 7 days a week, he will have to sleep some time, and hopefully for more then 4 hours a day. Third, my mom lives a mile away, my sister around the corner and my sister in law across the street. I will have help. I know this will be hard, most of what I have done has been hard, living most of the time is hard. I don't mind hard work. So please stop telling me that you can't wait until this baby gets here and I see how hard this is. I am well prepared for hard, so suck it :)
As for everything else in this pregnancy, the baby has been kicking for the last month or so. The doctor said I wouldn't feel it everyday, but I do. This baby is a mover! The house is slowly being transformed into a baby friendly environment with cradles and toys and clothes and more.
That's it for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment