So since I got all my running around done 2 hours early, and I am sitting at school with nothing to do, I might as well update this thing. It has been awhile.
For those who have not heard we are having a baby boy! Jason Alfonse (blame his father) Stachkunis Jr., is expected to arrive in early September and so far so good.
One of the things I think Jason and I never really expected was how this transition from young childless couple to parent of a baby boy would really unfold. Babies are small, I don't think we ever expected him to take up so much of our house. And it is just beginning. My MIL gave me my Mothers Day gift a few days early since she is going out of town. She gave us a cradle for the baby to nap in downstairs and the bassinet for the bedroom. They are big....they take up room. Then I thought about all the toys that will come with this child... where do those go? I don't have room in my family room for a toy bin, and it will ruin the decor. Everything is wood, even the cradle, a plastic fisher price toy bin will stick out like a sore thumb! Plus, I don't have the room (have I mentioned that). I keep thinking of what piece of furniture can I get rid of to make room for such monstrosities? My couch? obviously not. My coffee table? That seems like a bad idea. My dog crate? She still pees on my carpet when we leave her alone in the house. My husbands gigantic record player? Okay, that sounds like a good idea to me, but he hates the idea, wont sell it, and I would just have to find someplace else to store it. My tv? Who will babysit my child when I need a brake? Then I thought lets get rid of the dining area, who needs it! We rarely eat at the table anyway. But if I clean that area out and get rid of the hutch and small bar where will all my good china go and liquor for company? Where will my family sit at Christmas?
Then there is the process of cleaning out my husbands game room to create a nursery. It is one room, that is hardly ever used, you would not believe how much stuff is in there. Where do we put it? I am out of storage space, yup, we have a basement under 1/2 our house and a big garage that we do not park cars in (because we don't have room) and we still have no room to move all this stuff around. And I should mention our house is about 1700 square feet and it is just me and my husband (and lexie too but she takes up one corner in the family room).
So our solution you ask? Well we are purging! I have parted with clothes and shoes (which is huge for me), if I have an article of clothes that doesn't fit in my closet then I don't need it! I have decided to have a garage sale at the end of June and everything that doesn't serve a purpose is going! I won't live in clutter. This is easier for me then my husband, the thought of parting with 1 of his 3 tape deck radios or his battleship game from when he was 10 brings tears to his eyes. But they sit in the basement and collect dust and that is valuable storage space!
I should also mention my husband has a 1995 Mustang and a 1972 Jimmy at his grandmas house that need to at some point come home (which was the purpose of building the 2 car garage). When I suggested he sell one of these he suggested selling me instead, so for now, he can keep them.
I never anticipated this little being changing my life so drastically so soon. Never before have I had to accommodate someone else in this manner. When it was just him and I, if we liked, we got it and that was it. Now, if we don't need it, forget it because we don't have room for it! I am sure this is just one time of many that Jason Jr. will change the way I live. Wish us luck! I am purging my husbands garage next!
No comments:
Post a Comment