Thursday, January 10, 2013

Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup

This is not how I typically make my chicken noodle soup but someone suggested I put potatoes and green beans in my chicken noodle soup. At first, I thought they were crazy. But, I figured why not and gave it a try. I cooked the chicken separately so I could have some (for those who don't know, I don't eat meat). I was very surprised how good it was. I thought it would taste out of place, but surprisingly it did not!


Ingredients 

- 2 big cartons of chicken broth
- 4 cups of water
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
-  half bag of frozen green beans
-2 small redskin potatoes chopped up
- 2 stalks of celery chopped up
- 1 small onion chopped up
- 3 large carrots chopped up
- 2 cups of noodles

Directions

Put everything except noodles in crock pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Take chicken out and cut up or shred. Put chicken and noodles in crock pot and cook on low for another hour. 

* I added some chicken seasoning because I like salt, it is up to you if you want to add it.


No comments:

Post a Comment