Thursday, January 10, 2013

Homemade Baby Wipes

I usually have a pretty good stockpile on baby wipes. I get them pretty cheap and sock up every time I can get mapers or Huggies for under $1 a pack. However, every once in awhile I get caught off guard when my husband says to me "we are on our last pack of baby wipes." I have no idea ow this happens, but it does. And, being as frugal as I am I wont run to the store and pay $2 or more for a pack of wipes! So what am I to do?!?! I make my own. This is a great recipe and cost less then the store bought baby wipes. The only reason I don't make them all the time is that I can only make them in small doses because you have to store them in an air tight container. I only make 2 batches at a time because I don't have enough air tight containers to store them in. And 2 batches of baby wipes don't last long around here with 2 kids in diapers! In addition they are more sloppy in that they are more wet, which is fine for me and super gross diapers. But, not so good when my 1 year old gets into them and drags them across the floor! So bottom line, the packages are more convenient. But in a bind I love these wipes and if I was a mom of 1 kid and my wipes lasted twice as long, I would use these all the time!


Ingredients 

- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 tablespoon of baby oil
- 2 tablespoon of baby wash/soap
-1 roll of paper towel cut in half (you need a better quality towel to make these work right. I use bounty)
- airtight container (I use an old baby wipes container)

Directions.

Take a roll of paper towel and cut it in half so you have 2 small rolls. (I find using a bread knife to cut through the paper towel works best. I cut until I hit the cardboard roll and then use scissors to cut the cardboard roll). Take the cardboard roll out of the center. Then put 1 of the half rolls in te airtight container. In another bowl or measuring cup put the water, baby oil and baby wash together and stir it up. Then pour it over the paper towel roll. Put the cover on the airtight container. After 10 minutes flip the container over and leave upside down for 20 minutes. Then your baby wipes should be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment